Sweet corn and baby corn are two vegetables that are not just great to taste and ideal for vegetarians, but are packed with health.
Corn has vitamin C as well as carotenoids lutein and zeaxanthin that maintain eye health. And despite its name, sweet corn has a low glycemic index and is a great way to add a zing to your plate.
Corn is a versatile ingredient that has found its way into mainstream cooking and is something that is loved by people of all ages.
Corn is one of the most versatile ingredients and readily available too. The variety in taste and texture makes it so unique. It’s a preferred ingredient for chefs due to its easy storage and usage properties along with it also being a favourite amongst kids and adults too.
Here are some recipes to try:
- Bhutta aur makhane ki chaat courtesy Palash Ghosh, Executive Chef, Taj Hotel & Convention Centre Agra
- Tortilla Salsa Mexicana courtesy Md Firoz, Executive Chef, LMNO_Q
- Corn 65 with Corn butter and Achappam courtesy Sarfaraz Ahmed, Head Chef, Trèsind Mumbai
- Cheese and Corn Baguette courtesy Aditi Handa, Co- Founder and Head Chef, The Baker’s Dozen
- Spiced corn ribs courtesy Hitesh Shanbhag, Executive Chef, Dobaraa
Read the full story that first appeared in Deccan Chronicle dated Nov 21, 2022 here: