Diet is an important aspect especially if you are diabetic but that does not mean you cannot enjoy your food.
While there are diet restrictions as well as sugar constraints on diabetics, it is important to note that food can play a good part in keeping the same under check.
Using fresh vegetables is always a good idea when it comes to diabetes friendly cooking. Carrots are high in fiber and contain Vitamin A and Broccoli acts as a prebiotic. French beans contain vitamin A and vitamin C and are high in fiber.
Vegetables used which are just blanched like carrots, broccoli, capsicum, and French beans help to regulate blood sugar whereas chicken breasts contain no carbohydrates and are low in fat.
Here are some recipes you can try:
- Lettuce And Berry Salad courtesy Abhay Pratap, Executive Chef, Fazlani Natures Nest
- Diabetic friendly Avocado, Mushroom and Quinoa Pulao with a Hung Curd Cumin and Cucumber Chutney courtesy Balaji Srinivasan, Executive Chef, Cidade de Goa – IHCL SeleQtions
- Zaitooni Paneer Makhmali courtesy Chef Abishek Kumar, Chef De Cuisine, Conrad Bengaluru
- Coastal Chicken Jalfrezi courtesy Gautam Kumar, Executive Chef, Moksha Himalaya Spa
- Asparagus & Matta Rice Risotto courtesy Sumiet Raghuvanshi, Corporate Chef, White Castle Hospitality
- Avocado Toast courtesy Saurabh Chandel, Executive Chef, Crowne Plaza Greater Noida
Read the full story that first appeared in Deccan Chronicle dated Nov 28, 2022 here: