When I cook, I always ensure that the ingredients I use are fresh and largely unprocessed. Like in this recipe where I experimented with cookies without using butter or refined flour. This is a mixed flour, dill flavoured spicy cookie and here is the recipe.
- Whole Wheat Flour – 1 cup (about 100 – 125 grams)
- Corn Flour – 2 tablespoons
- Barley Flour – 2 tablespoons
- Jowar Flour – 2 tablespoons
- Extra Virgin olive oil – 4 tablespoons
- Freshly Chopped Dill leaves – 1 bunch
- Chilli Flakes – 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Mix all the ingredients together with water to make a stiff dough.
- Allow the dough to rest for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the microwave to 180 degrees centigrade.
- Apply oil on a flat surface and roll out the dough to a thickness of half an inch.
- Using a cookie cutter make the shape you want. If you don’t have a cookie cutter you can use a knife.
- Bake the cookies for about 10-12 minutes in the microwave to 180 degrees centigrade.
- Allow to cool for 10 minutes and enjoy the soft healthy cookies.