I have been toying with the idea of making butterscotch ice cream for a while but was not very happy with the available essence. This is when I chanced on Ossoro a brand that has 100 vegetarian and no preservatives in their essences. So I ordered them on the site and was able to make this simple ice cream.
- Fresh Cream 250 ml
- Condensed Milk 200 grams
- Butterscotch essence a few drops
- 5 small bananas
- 3 tsp sugar for caramel
- Whisk the cream for 5-7 minutes with an electric blender ensuring that the cream turns fluffy and makes small peaks. Do not overbeat as the cream will curdle.
- Fold in the condensed milk and add the butterscotch essence.
- Finely chop the bananas and add to the mix.
- Heat sugar in a pan and add water mixing briskly till it thickens. Allow to cool – it will become hard. Then pound the mix and you will get small pieces of the same. Add to the mix.
- Freeze for 8 hours and enjoy the creamy ice cream.