Raw mangoes are in the season and can be used in a variety of dishes to add a distinctive zing to your palate.
Summer is here and one of the favourite things for many is the mango. The best part of the mango is that is can be eaten both raw and as a fruit. Raw mango is rich in magnesium, and potassium all of which supports healthy heart function.
Incidentally raw mango is packed with nutrients, is low in calories, and is said to also prevent diabetes, improve digestive health and support eye health.
Raw mango is rich in healthy plant compounds and contains immune-boosting nutrients. Here are some recipes that you can make that use this versatile ingredient.
- Raw Mango & Ginger Murabba (courtesy Thejeswara Rao, Executive Sous Chef, THE Park Hyderabad)
- Cracker Mango Chaat Recipe (courtesy Shailendra Kekade, Head Chef, Sante Spa Cuisine)
- Green Mango and Cumin Granita (courtesy Deva Kumar, Executive Chef, Hyatt Regency Chennai)
- Aam Panna courtesy Executive Chef Amit Kocharekar, The Resort Mumbai
- Manga Meen Kuzhambu or Green Mango Fish Curry courtesy Haneef – Executive Chef, Buffet Square, Ramada Plaza Chennai
- Ice Apple and Raw Mango Salad (courtesy Sreedhar Kare, Executive Chef, THE Park Visakhapatnam)
- Kairi Makai Dhokla (courtesy Maharaj Bhawar Singh, Corporate Chef, Khandani Rajdhani)
Read the full story that first appeared in Deccan Chronicle dated May 16, 2022 here: