We have all tried the red velvet cake at some point or the other. This is why I decided to try my hands at my version of the cake using well, beetroot. This cake is quick, easy and super healthy too. Here is how you can use simple ingredients that are available at home to put this together.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar powder (you can use jaggery powder as well)
- 1/2 cup oil – I used extra virgin olive oil but any vegetable oil works
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup thick curds
- 1 medium sized beetroot
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Coloured sprinkles for decoration
- Boil the beetroot and puree in a mixer.
- Mix together whole wheat flour, sugar powder, baking powder and baking soda.
- Add extra virgin olive oil, milk, curds and beetroot puree and mix well using a whisk.
- Ensure that you whisk in one direction till you get a smooth batter of pourable consistency.
- Pour into a greased microwave safe container and add coloured sprinkles as decoration.
- Bake in a microwave for 8-10 minutes on Micro mode.
- Allow it to cool for a minute, remove and cool. Cut into pieces and enjoy it warm.
Do try and comment here if you liked it.