Recipe: Summer Cooler – Lemongrass Buttermilk
If you are looking for a refreshing drink that can beat your summer blues, here is a simple one – Lemongrass Buttermilk – this one makes 2 glasses.
50 ml curds
200 ml water
1 long sprig of lemongrass
1 tsp mustard seeds
1 red chilli
1/2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
Salt, to taste
- Boil the lemongrass in 100 ml of water and allow to cool. This will also allow the water to absorb the flavours of the lemongrass.Filter and keep aside
- Whisk the curds and water to make a light buttermilk.
- Mix the buttermilk and lemongrass water and whisk again.
- Heat the oil in a small kadai add mustard seeds and red chilli, allow to splutter and add to the buttermilk mixture.
- You can now serve the drink. This can also be served cool with ice cubes!