As we celebrate the harvest season, it is all about seasonal ingredients that are in vogue and you can also create innovative recipes with them.
Bihu, Maghi, Lohri, Pongal, Makara Sankranti are celebrated across India on January 14/15 across the country. Essentially to cheer new harvest season.
Here are some recipes that you can try this January, making use of the freshest seasonal produce. And of course go vocal for local on your plate too.
- Sugarcane (Roh) Di Kheer (courtesy Chef Reetu Uday Kugaji, Culinary Expert and Chef Consultant)
- Sabudana Khichdi (courtesy Nayanatara Menon Bagla, Chef Partner, The Circus Canteen @Blr Creative Circus)
- Gur Wali Chawal (courtesy Chef Sanjit Roy, Director, F&B Production, Motor Works and Brewing Company)
- Peanut Tempayy Ladoo (Recipe Courtesy Hello Tempayy)
- Kollu Sprout Rasam with Urad Dal Bonda (courtesy Chef Harikrishna and Chef Ranjit, Go Native)
Read the full story that first appeared in Deccan Chronicle dated Jan 10, 2022 here: