It is that time of the year when the nip in the air is palpable and also when there is fresh seasonal winter produce in the market. So why not make the most of the season?
Seasonal produce is fresher, sweeter, and plucked at the peak of its natural ripeness. When consumed out of season, they are frequently harvested early and processed. Seasonal winter foods help keep the body naturally warm and provide the essential supplements to stay healthy, retain warmth, and enjoy the weather.
Up north, the delectable delicacy Daulat Ki Chaat from Purani Dilli, first prepared by Rakesh Kumar Baburam who belongs to Uttar Pradesh and is known as Nimish in Lucknow, Malaiyo in Varanasi and Makhan Malai (Malai Makhan) in Kanpur is popular.
Here are some recipes for you to try.
- Tamalapaku Rasam courtesy Jyothi Sri Pappu, Founder and CEO, Nutreat
- Winter Roast Chicken courtesy Chef Vikas Seth, Culinary Director, Embassy Leisure
- Bajre Ki Khichdi courtesy Sarita Bazaz Founder, The Food Affairs
- Baked Mihidana Tart courtesy Mohammed Iqbal, Executive chef, Charcoal by Wise Owl
- Daulat Ki Chaat courtesy Chef Reetu Uday Kugaji, Culinary Expert & Chef Consultant
Read the full story that first appeared in Deccan Chronicle dated Jan 9, 2023 here: