The summer heat may seem quite unrelenting, but it is important to keep yourself hydrated and these coolers do it just right.
Hydration is necessary for proper brain function. In fact, dehydration has been linked to problems like confusion, decreased cognitive performance and even seizures. When you are hydrated, you are less likely to crave unhealthy foods. Water is a natural appetite suppressant, so drinking sufficient water can help you maintain your weight or even lose weight.
Staying hydrated is key to keeping your energy up and avoiding cramps and other health problems. When you are dehydrated, you are more likely to feel tired and sluggish. Drinking water is a natural way to detoxify your body, so it is important to drink plenty of it to keep your system running smoothly. Dehydration can cause serious health problems like heat stroke and kidney failure.
Dehydration can also affect your immunity and make you more susceptible to other health problems like the flu and cold. Drinking enough water is one of the best ways to stay healthy in the summer heat.
Here are some recipes that can help you beat the heat this summer:
- Summer Breeze (courtesy Gopinath Sankhua, Bartender – DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Bangalore)
- Variyali Energiser (courtesy Neha Ranglani, Integrative Nutritionist and Health Coach)
- Herbal Affair (courtesy Shubhendu Kadam, Executive Chef, The Den Bengaluru)
- Doodh Jaisi Safedi Lassi Se Aayee (courtesy Sonali Mullick, Mixologist at Hitchki Resto Bar and Bayroute)
- Rose Mojito (courtesy Dhirendar Singh, Beverage Manager, Courtyard By Marriott Bengaluru Hebbal)
Read the full story that first appeared in Deccan Chronicle here: