We bring you six Asian recipes that will make you feel like a professional chef. Nabhojit Ghosh co-founder and culinary chef of 48 East a food delivering company that is based out of Bangalore shares his favourites.
50 gms Glass noodles
2 gms Nigella seeds
30 gms Carrot chopped
30 gms Green zucchini chopped
30 gms Yellow zucchini chopped
4 gms Ginger peeled and chopped
5 ml Cooking oil
30 gms Potato starch
20 gms Wheat starch
2 gms Sugar
2 ml Light soya
1 gm Sesame oil
Salt to taste
- Soak the glass noodles in warm water for 10 minutes, drain, chop and set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan, add the nigella seed and allow them to splutter.
- Add chopped ginger and stir for 30 seconds
- Add chopped carrot and zucchini , stir on high flame for 30 seconds
- Take the pan off heat and allow the mixture to cool.
- Mix the glass noodles and the vegetable mixture; add salt, soya, sugar and sesame oil.
- Mix well and set aside.
- In a basin mix potato and wheat starch, add 30 mls of hot water and kneed into a dough.
- Divide the dough into 6 equal size balls; flatten each with a rolling pin.
- Divide the vegetable mixture into 6 equal portions and stuff in the flattened dough sheets
- Fold them into a dumpling and steam for 5 minutes, serve hot.
CORN ON CANE POPS
80 gms Corn kernels
5 gms Lemon grass
2 gms Galangal
15 gms Corn starch
2 gms Ginger
2 gms Red chillies
3 gms Salt
20 gms Bread crumb
2 Sugar cane: 5” sticks
Oil – for frying
2 gms Basil leaves
1 gms Lime leaf
15 gms Refined flour
100 gms Potato (Boiled)
- Take a basin and mash corn and potato together
- Add finely chopped ginger, chilli, lemon grass, lime leaf, basil & galangal.
- Add half corn starch, add salt and mix well and divide into six equal size balls.
- Cut sugar cane in size of 4”x 0.5” sticks.
- With a wet hand, Put the corn mixture on the sugar cane sticks and mould it into 6 lolly pops.
- Make a medium thick batter with rest of the corn starch and refined flour and half a cup of cold water.
- Dip the lollypops in the batter and apply bread crumbs over it.
- Deep fry until golden brown
- Serve hot
THAI GUAVA AND RAW MANGO SALAD
120 gm Thai guava
100 gm Raw mango
80 gm Carrot
3 gm Basil chopped
4 gm Mint chopped
15 gm Palm sugar
Salt to taste
5 ml Lemon juice:
2 gms Red Chilli chopped
2 gms Raisins
- Wash, pat dry and peel the guava, mango and carrot.
- Cut into very thin juliennes like match sticks.
- Take a large bowl; add basil, mint, palm sugar & lemon juice and mix well to make a dressing.
- Add all the ingredients together in a bowl
- Toss well and Serve cold.
LEMON – CORIANDER SOUP
5 gms Coriander
1 gms Red chilli
15 gms Baby corn
2 gms Corn starch
15 gms Carrot
4 ml Lemon juice
Salt to taste
- Take a heavy bottom pan, add 300 ml water and bring to a boil
- Add carrot, baby corn and red chilli and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add salt and simmer for a couple of minutes
- Make a slurry with 5 ml of water and corn starch
- Add the slurry to the boiling soup slowly, stirring continuously.
- Add lemon juice and garnish with chopped coriander.
- Serve hot.
SPICY CHOW FAN NOODLES
30 gms Pok choy
40 gms Chinese cabbage
30 gms Carrot
3 gms Garlic
3 gms Ginger
4 ml Sweet soya:
1 ml Dark Soya
5 ml Red chilli paste
1 Chilli chopped
10 gms Cotton tofu cut into cubes
140 gms Fresh flat noodles
10 ml Cooking oil
3 gms Salt
For the Veg Satay
10 gms Zucchini yellow
10 gms Zucchini green
10 gms Cottage cheese
1 ml Soya sauce (light)
1 gm Garlic
2 ml Lemon juice
1 gm Chilli chopped
0.5 gms Salt
1 Satay stick: 6”
- Wash, pat dry all the vegetables.
- Cut carrot, chinese cabbage and pok-choy into thin strips
- Heat 1 litre water in a heavy bottom pan and boil the noodles for 5 minutes
- Drain and set aside.
- Heat cooking oil in a wok, add chopped garlic and chopped ginger & sauté
- Add the strip vegetables and sauté.
- Add the chilli; red chilli paste and sauté for 30 seconds
- Add the noodles along with sweet soya and cotton tofu.
- Toss gently so as not to break the noodles but still cover each strand with the sauce in the pan.
- Marinate cottage cheese, zucchini with light soya and chopped garlic, chilli, salt and lemon juice.
- Skew them on a sate stick and pan sear each side turning every 20 seconds.
- Serve the noodles with sate and crackers.
NEST OF DRAGON
30 gms Chocolate chips
6 gms Potato starch
6 gms Wheat starch
Oil for frying
2 sheets Veg Wantons (4”x4”)
3 ml Honey
2 gms Almond flakes
- Mix potato starch and wheat starch together in a bowl
- Add 10 ml hot water to the bowl and kneed it into a dough working with a fork
- Divide the dough into 3 equal size ball , flatten them into round disks with the help of a rolling pin .
- Place 10 gms of chocolate over each disk and fold it into a dumpling
- Cut the wonton sheets into thin strips and fry, set aside.
- Steam the dumplings for 4 minutes
- Make a nest with wontons place the dumplings over them; drizzle the honey over and garnish with flaked almonds.