The much loved Avocado has been hailed as a source of good fat and even made it to the menu at the White House on PM Modi’s recent visit.
- Scientifically named as “Persea Americana,” Avocados are fruits that can technically be considered berries.
- Avocados originated in the highlands of Mexico and Central America. There is strong evidence that the indigenous people of the region have been using them for over 10,000 years.
- Avocados are the Aztec symbol of love and fertility because they cannot self-pollinate and they grow in pairs on trees.
- Avocados can stay on the tree for as long as eighteen months and they will not ripen until removed from the branch.
- There exist 1,062 varieties of avocado and a single avocado tree can produce up to 500 avocados per year. Now that’s a lot of avocados.
Pros Of Eating Avocados
- Loaded with nutrients It can have a lot of fat
- Reduce and prevent cancer Extremely expensive
- Removes bad breath Cause harm to the liver
- Improve liver health Cause blood clotting
- Lowers the blood pressure Cause excess bleeding
- Rich source of vitamin K Can be allergic
- Versatile in use A problem like mouth sores
- Good for the kidney Reduce the milk for breastfeeding
Read the full story that first appeared in Money Control here: