March 3rd is celebrated as World Wildlife Day and this is another reason to celebrate India’s rich and varied wildlife.
India has a plethora of wildlife sanctuaries, national parks and jungles that are teeming with a variety of species. Interestingly the floara and fauna of each jungle is very different which adds to the charm of these outings.
Here are some well known names where you can spot great wildlife:
- Ranthambore National Park, Rajasthan
- Kaziranga National Park, Assam
- Hemis National Park, Ladakh
- Jim Corbett, Uttarakhand
- Bandhavgarh National Park, Madhya Pradesh
- Sasan-Gir Wildlife Sanctuary, Gujarat
- Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, Kerala
- Manas Wildlife Sanctuary, Assam
- Sunderbans National Park, West Bengal
- Bandipur National Park, Karnataka
Read the full story that first appeared in Money Control dated March 3, 2023 here: