When you reach your 50’s there is a visible change in your body with muscle loss and stiff joints, but you can beat it all by exercising right.
As the body begins to age, it is not as receptive to unexpected changes and this becomes just another reason to work out and uphold a certain level of fitness. The older people get, the more health perils they face. This is exactly where keeping an active lifestyle comes in as one of the most significant prevention approaches. It is often said that age is just a number, but when it comes to exercising and doing a physical movement, the age factor has a possibility to say a lot about what you can and cannot do.
- Do proper warm up before you begin any exercise.
- Hydration is the key while working out.
- Always carry a bottle of water or electrolyte to avoid dehydration or muscle cramps.
- Choose a good quality of workout which has enough cushion to protect yourself from lower back and knee injury.
- Do cooling down exercises as you end your workout.
Read the full story that first appeared in India Currents here: