This cake is healthy as it does not use refined flour, sugar or eggs and yet is yummy.
I recently found myself with two rather ripe banana’s at home that clearly no one wanted so I decided to make a healthy banana cake. Using simple ingredients that are available at home, you can too. Here is how to make it.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp organic yellow corn flour
- ¾ cup jaggery powder
- ¾ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 10 walnut kernels roughly chopped
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup milk
- A pinch of salt
- In a mixer blend the two ripe bananas, add jaggery powder and then blend again. Now add extra virgin olive oil and blend. Now add milk and blend.
- In a dry bowl mix together whole wheat flour, corn flour, baking powder, baking soda, walnut and salt. You can sieve the mix, but I did not and the cake turned out fine.
- Now pour the wet mix into the dry ingredients and mix gently using a whisk.
- Pre heat the microwave on convection mode.
- Grease the cake mold you are using (I used a silicon mold) and pour the mix and gently pat the container.
- Now bake in convection mode for 30 minutes.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes and place it outside for 10 minutes.
- Demold, cut into pieces and enjoy.
My cup holds 200 ml, you can use any cup you have.
You can also use sugar instead of jaggery powder, refined flour instead of whole wheat flour, regular corn flour if you cannot find organic yellow corn flour and eggs instead of milk. It just depends on what you have and what you like to eat. I hope you can try and enjoy this cake. Do let me know if you do.