Sago or Tapioca Pearls are not just healthy but also pack a punch when it comes to taste. A default fasting food and the first choice in Navratri recipes in North India.
It can also be used in Chilla, Chivda, Papad (Vadam), Sabudana Idli, Javvarisi Dosa, the humble khichdi, Vadas, Kebabs, Kheer, Ladoos and more. It is not only consumed in India, usually consumed during fasting, may be consumed as a breakfast or as a snack. but in various countries, worldwide in various forms.
These mesmerizing pearls can be consumed in various ways , could be a Sabudana Thalipeeth, Chilla, Chivda, Papad (Vadam), Javvarisi Dosa, the humble khichdi, Vadas, Kebabs, Kheer, Ladoos and the list is endless.
Here are some recipes you can try:
- Mango Tender Coconut Sago Smoothie (courtesy Thayanithy Tamilarasu, Sr. Sous Chef, Signature Club Resort by Brigade group)
- Sabudana Khichdi (courtesy Rama Chhabria, Home Chef)
- Sago, Coconut and Lychee Pudding (courtesy Chef Reetu Uday Kugaji Culinary Expert and Chef Consultant)
- Walnut Sabudana Tikki (courtesy Chef Naresh Behera, Executive Sous Chef, Regent Club by Brigade Group)
- Crispy cheese sago croquette (courtesy Rahul Bhale, Executive Chef, Novotel Chennai SIPCOT)
Read the full story that first appeared in Deccan Chronicle dated April 18, 2022 here: