Its is World Sushi Day on June 18, and here are some stunning recipes that will ensure your palate is on fire.
A quintessential Japanese dish, Sushi is so popular that it actually has a day dedicated to it. A dish that is usually enjoyed on special occasions in Japan, is a popular dish in several Pan Asian and Japanese restaurants across the country. Sushi is a dish that has rice and sushi vinegar and is rolled with some form of seafood.
There are several varieties of sushi – typically made with rice and fish rolled into small semi circular cubes. Typically seafood and some vegetables like cucumber and zucchini that can be sliced thin make there way into the “vegetarian” version of the dish.
Nigiri, Gunkan, Temaki, Oshizushi and Chirashi are some variants of sushi that use different seafood, kinds of fish and vegetables in varying shapes to create this much loved dish.
And if you are wondering how you can make them, fret not, here are some recipes that can help you satiate your sushi cravings:
- OMG Sushi Roll courtesy Chef Vikas Seth, Culinary Director, Embassy Leisure
- Crispy Spicy Avocado Maki courtesy Chef Priyank Singh Chouhan, Culinary Head, Shiro
- Dragon Maki courtesy Junior Sous Chef Pradipta Nag Chowdhury, THE Park Chennai
- Creamy Edamame & Black Sushi Rice Maki courtesy Krishna Rana, Chef De Cuisine, Park Hyatt Hyderabad
- Ebi Tempura and Takwan Uramaki with Fresh Sliced Mango Topping courtesy Arvind V, Sous Chef Culinary, Hyatt Regency Chennai
- Dynamite Roll courtesy Sahil Ratta Corporate Chef, AA Hospitality LLP, Sashay Taproom & Kitchen
- Prawn Tempura Creamy Salmon by Chef Prasad Metrani, Director of Culinary, Conrad Bengaluru
Read the full story that first appeared in Deccan Chronicle dated June 13, 2022 here: