Sweet Potato is a vegetable that is so versatile that it can be used not just in sweet but also savoury dishes.
Sweet Potato is a root vegetable which is generally not very popular. However, it is a powerhouse of goodness as it is rich in fibre and helps maintain gut health.
The vegetable has almost 400 percent of Vitamin A levels that enhances vision and especially during the growing phase of children, daily consumption can help in good eyesight.
The vegetable also gives instant energy, and the natural sweetness makes it safe for diabetic people as well. Being rich in antioxidants, they are a great support to the immune system and improve brain health.
If you are wondering how you can make interesting dishes, we have a list here that is sure to inspire you to add sweet potatoes to your diet immediately.
Here are some interesting recipes that you can try:
- Shakarakand Tikki (courtesy Ganesh Gangoni, Sous chef, Mercure Hyderabad KCP)
- Sweet Potato Kurukku (courtesy Jyothi Sri Pappu, CEO and Founder, Nutreat Life)
- Loaded Sweet Potatoes with Sweet & Spicy Walnuts (courtesy Vikas Nahar, CEO & Founder, Happilo)
- Sweet potato cannelloni, saffron and parmesan cream, semi secco tomatoes, sweet potato chips (courtesy Wayne Clark, Junior Sous Chef, Six ‘O’ One at THE Park Chennai)
- Chilakada Dumpa Payasam – Sweet Potato pudding (courtesy Rameshwar Mohanty, Executive Chef, ITC Welcom Hotel Guntur)
Read the full story that first appeared in Deccan Chronicle dated Feb 21, 2022 here: