Today is children’s day and a great way to revive memories of childhood. And what better than trains?
As a child a train journey between Hyderabad to Bangalore was a permanent fixture in the summer months. Much later as an adult I hopped on to the Nilgri mountain railway for my first ever toy train experience and it was like no other,
The sense of nostalgia and fond memories of childhood are like no other And if you want to rekindle these warm memories, the best way is to hop on to one of these mountain railways that will have you chugging down memory lane.
Here are India’s top five toy trains that offer unique experiences:
- Nilgiri Mountain Railway, Tamil Nadu
- Kalka-Shimla Railway, Himachal Pradesh
- Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, West Bengal
- Matheran Hill Railway, Maharashtra
- Kangra Valley Railway, Himachal
Read the full story that first appeared in Zee Zest here: