The nine-day Navratri festival is getting underway soon and you can add a dash of color to the festivities by using this guide.
Call it by any name Dasara, Dussehra or Navratri is a nine-day long festival that celebrates the victory of Goddess Durga over the demon Mahishasura.
These nine nights have a specific color of the day and you can celebrate by wearing clothes and accessories of these shades too. Here is a helpful guide.
- Ghatasthapana/Pratipada, Day 1: October 7 – Yellow
- Dwitiya, Day 2: October 8 – Green
- Tritiya, Day 3: October 9 – Grey
- Panchami, Day 4: October 10 – Orange
- Sashti, Day 5: October 11 – White
- Saptami, Day 6: October 12 – Red
- Ashtami, Day 7: October 13 – Royal Blue
- Navami, Day 8: October 14 – Pink
- Dashami, Day 9: October 15 – Purple
Read the full story that first appeared in Seema Magazine here: