July 31st is celebrated as National Avocado Day every year which is a testament to this versatile ingredient.
Avocados can be consumed in a variety of ways to make them a part of a balanced diet. Eating avocados raw allows you to retain all the beneficial nutrients and enzymes they offer.
All of us should find ways to add avocados to our diet as its health benefits are immense. Best variety is Hass Avocado – widely available and accepted across the globe, available in India. Exported variety is expensive although grown in India in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka’s Coorg and Kerala. the colour is indicative of ripeness and a dark green associates itself with a ripe avocado. Also, it is a fruit and a superfood so you have many reasons to add this versatile ingredient in you diet.
Here are some recipes for you to try:
- Creamy Haas Avocado Bisque courtesy Co-founder, Sante Spa Cuisine, Koregaon Park, Pune
- Red Ricotta & Avocado Tartine courtesy N. Kathiresan, Executive Chef, Palais de Mahe, CGH Earth
- Pan-seared tuna steak with avocado and caramelised onion cream courtesy Pathum Mihiran, Executive Cluster Chef, Jetwing Hotels Ltd
- Avocado Chocolate Mousse courtesy Sarita Bazaz, Culinary Expert, The Food Affairs
- Zesty Guacamole Gazpacho courtesy Nidhi Nahata, Founder and Lifestyle Coach, Justbe by Nidhi Nahata
Read the full story that first appeared in Deccan Chronicle dated July 31, 2023 here: